|"The Butcher, the Baker, and the Candlestick Maker"|
| Season 1, Episode 22b|
|Production code:||122 b|
|Featured Words:|| Finicky,|
|Written by:||Will Shepard|
"The Handsome Panther"
The Butcher, the Baker, and the Candlestick Maker is episode 22b of Season 1 of WordGirl.
The Butcher and his old friends, The Baker, and The Candlestick Maker, try to relive their past of pulling silly pranks. Meanwhile, Becky "WordGirl" Botsford is working on acquiring the perfect birthday cake for her finicky father Tim Botsford; but when she shows up on the scene, can the Butcher resist his evil ways?
Baker and Candlestick Maker were two of The Butcher's old friends from elementary school that were together known as "The Troublemaking Trio". While The Butcher turned to a life of crime, The Baker opened a bakery, known as "The Baker's Good Stuff Bakery", and the Candlestick Maker opened a candle shop next to said bakery.
They reunited with The Butcher for a brief time when the Butcher was about to rob National National Bank. The trio pranked National National Bank by stealing free balloons and a pen on a chain and tricked The Grocery Store Manager with a flour-over-the-door gag.
Eventually, WordGirl caught them at The Baker's bakery and made them return the balloons and the pen, clean the grocery store, and bake a special cake for Mr. Botsford's birthday. It is also shown that The Butcher kept a photo of himself and his friends when they were little.
|Major Roles||Minor Roles||Background Roles|
- Baker: Can anyone look all around and help me find him?
- [Excited conversation]
- Bank Teller: Hey! You're only supposed to take one! Activate the free balloon alarm.
- Butcher: Oh, yeah? pastrami attack!
- Baker: Ha ha ha. come on. let's get out of here.
- Butcher: Oh. yeah. right.
- Baker: Oh, man. this is going to be classic.
- Candlestick Maker: Classic.
- Butcher: Shh! someone's coming.
- Becky: I need to bake a very special kind of cake, and I was wondering if--
- Bill: Cake? If fact, we've got all kinds of cakes. How about an angel-food cake?
- Becky: I just--
- Bill: Well, how about a nice strawberry shortcake? They're on sale.
- Becky: I actually--
- Bill: My, you're finicky. pineapple upside-down cake?
- Baker: [Muttering] Psst. hey, kid. ask for some flour.
- Becky: Oh, right. we need some flour. Wait. who said that?
- Bill: Why, we have a whole bunch of flour right over here. I'll just-- hmm. that's strange.
- All: [Laughter]
- Bill: Oh, well, I'll just go get some more from the stockroom. Be right back. Uh!
- All: [Laughter]
- Bill: [Coughing]
- Baker: Hey, nice flour, flourface.
- Candlestick Maker: Yeah, flour face! ha ha ha!
- Bill: I hope you paid for that flour and those bananas!
- WordGirl: What are you two doing mixed up with the butcher?
- Butcher: Hey, we're old friends. And together, we're the troublemaking trio. Rub-a-dub-dub!
- The Troublemaking Trio comes from the nursery rhyme Rub-a-dub-dub.
- Mr. Botsford's favorite birthday cake is a red velvet marble black forest angel food carrot cake with lemon vanilla cream fudge frosting.